Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Sunday 13 December 2015

Healthified Chocolate Orange Brownies

I am a massive chocoholic so when I found out that you can create sweet treats with raw cacao and natural sweeteners, that are actually good for you, I was very excited! Especially when they involve the dreamy combo of Chocolate and Orange.
I recently discovered Livia's Kitchen Blog where she shares her love for healthy eating and shows how it doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive and it can still be totally delicious. I really recommend to check out her blog for some amazing recipes, I am so obsessed with them all. She inspired me to make her raw chocolate orange brownies and they are so delicious and chocolatey, even I can't believe they are refined sugar free, raw and totally guilt free, Amazing right?

They are perfect for when you want that chocolate hit but don't want to indulge too much....







Ingredients:
For the Brownie: 

  • 300g of Almonds Pulsed
  • 6 tablespoons of Cacao Powder
  • 200g of Dates
  • 75g Maple Syrup
  • Zest of two oranges

For the Frosting:

  • 85g Almond Butter
  • 40g Coconut Oil
  • 30g syrup
  • 2tablespoons of raw Cacao Powder
  • 1/2 cup of orange Juice
For the topping(optional):
  • Zest of an Orange

Method
  • First pulse the almonds into a course flour in a food processor 
  • Put all the remaining brownie ingredients into the food processor and whiz until all of them are combined. Once combined press firmly into a baking tin and ensure the mixture is even and flat.
  • Next onto the frosting, mix all the ingredients in a food processor again and you should be left with a creamy runny chocolatey sauce. Spread this evenly over the brownie mix.
  • Put the brownie tin in the fridge for a few hours to set.
  • Add the topping and cut into brownie squares.
And Enjoy! So simple and easy to create!



Hope you like this recipe and let me know if you have ever made something similar?

Mary xo


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Never tried anything like this! Looks absolutely delicious :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! Personally I love the combo of chocolate and orange :) Great recipe, thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look and sound so yummy!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a real chocoholic myself and these sound amazing! I'm definitely going to have to give these a try!

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig